With a little creativity, you can easily test your campaigns before showing them to your actual visitors :) It can come in handy in many situations, for example, if you want to test the design or the integration before launching live. In order to do so, please follow the below steps:
- First, log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/
- Select Campaigns on the left, then select the Campaign:
- Select Edit settings on the right:
- Click on Add new condition under Select who should see the popup:
- Under Pages & Custom Rules option select the Current URL option by clicking on “+” button:
- Next, set up the following variables( equals ?optimonk=true):
- Click on Save then Next in the top right corner to finalize the changes.
Using this setting will make your popup appear ONLY on this specific page.
Go to your site and browse the page added, in this example: mydomain.com/?optimonk=true
The popup will appear on this site so that you can run a test and see it live on your site before showing it to your visitors. As your visitors don’t navigate to this page, they will not see it.
Satisfied with the look? Nice! Just don’t forget to delete this setting before launching the campaign.
- In order to delete the setting, go back to Edit Settings:
Click on Select who should see the popup, then click the red cross icon next to the Current URL rule in order to delete this rule:
Click on Next in the top right corner in order to finalize the changes.
Can't find "Display rules"... I think your tutorials are not good quality, explainations are not easy to understand... sad... Lack images to show EXACTELY where to click as explanations are poor...