Integrating Mailjet with OptiMonk allows you to gather leads with OptiMonk and use Mailjet’s powerful email marketing tools to connect with your subscribers. It may come handy if you run marketing campaigns on a regular basis, so that the subscribers who signed up via OptiMonk will also get news about your upcoming promotions and news.
To set up integration with Mailjet please follow these steps:
- Login to your OptiMonk admin dashboard at OptiMonk.com and click on the Settings button next to the campaign you would like to use for integration.
On smaller screen sizes, you will see a menu button, click on Settings in the menu that appears.
- This will take you to your Campaign Settings page for that campaign. Scroll down to find the heading Integrations and click on the discursive arrow next to: Where would you like to keep the list of subscribers?
- By default, your subscribers are stored in the internal database of your OptiMonk account. To store new subscribers in another email, newsletter, or CRM system, click on ‘Set up’ next to External System.
- Select Mailjet from the list that appears.
- To integrate with OptiMonk, you will need to retrieve your API key and your Secret key. To do so, please open a new tab or browser window, and login to your Mailjet account. In the top right corner click on your Account Name and select ‘My account’ from the list that appears, this will take you to the ‘Account Information’ page.
- On the ‘Account Information’ page click on ‘Master API Key & Sub API key management’ option in the REST API box. This will take you to the ‘API Key Management’ page.
- On the ‘API Key Management’ page you’ll find your API key and Secret key. Copy and paste these into their appropriate fields in your OptiMonk dashboard. Then, click on the ‘Test connection’ button to test the connection.
- After you’ve integrated Mailjet with your OptiMonk account, select the List at Mailjet where your subscribers will be added. You can also select the custom fields in your Mailjet list, where the ‘firstname’, ‘lastname’ and ‘source’ will be added. Enter the value you would like transmitted to the source field, otherwise the default value that is transmitted will be ‘OptiMonk’.
- Once you’ve confirmed your settings, scroll to the top of the Campaign Settings page in your OptiMonk Dashboard and click on ‘Save and Edit’ to save your settings.
That's it! Now, whenever a visitor signs up through the OptiMonk campaign you configured, they will be automatically added to your list at Mailjet.