Google made it clear that it doesn't like pop-ups when they're displayed right away, as pointed out in their:
- “intrusive interstitials” article:
- and also the Search Quality Raters' guidelines: https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/guidelines.raterhub.com/en//searchqualityevaluatorguidelines.pdf
They explained which types of interstitials are going to be problematic, including:
- Showing a popup that covers the main content, either immediately after the user navigates to a page from the search results, or while they are looking through the page.
- Displaying a standalone interstitial that the user has to dismiss before accessing the main content.
- Using a layout where the above-the-fold portion of the page appears similar to a standalone interstitial, but the original content has been inlined underneath the fold.
If you have any further questions or need any help, please contact us at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist you :)