The iContact integration with OptiMonk allows you to have subscribers added to your iContact mailing list when they fill out an OptiMonk popup form.
To integrate with iContact please follow these steps:
1. Login to your admin page at iContact
2. Open the following URL in your browser:
3. Add the Application Name, ie – “OptiMonk” and Description, ie – “awesome new conversion tool :)”
4. Then click on Get App ID.
5. Copy the value of API-Appld and past it in the Application ID field on the admin page of OptiMonk.
6. Click on the link enable this Appld for your account at the bottom of the page or go to the following URL: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/externallogin
7. Write a password in the Create a Password field and click on Save. Then copy the very same password in the API Password field on the admin page of Optimonk.
8. Copy the number next to the Account Information. Copy only the number after Id= and paste it in the Account ID field of OptiMonk.
9. Copy the value of Client Folder ID from your iContact account and paste it in the Client Folder ID field on the admin page of your OptiMonk account.
10. For your Username and password, this is the Username you use at iContact and the password you used when you created the API.
In case you’d like to collect the subscribers who have come from OptiMonk in one list:
1. Click on the name of your account > Custom Fields on the top-right side of your page.
2. Click on Create a new Custom Field.
3. Enter a Name, ie – “OptiMonk” and copy and paste it in the Source Input Name field on your admin page at OptiMonk.
In case you’d like to transfer your list of subscribers gathered from OptiMonk to your list at iContact, follow these steps:
1. Login to your admin page at iConact and go to Contacts > My Lists.
2. Click on the name of the list, to which you would like to add your subsrcibers.
3. Copy the number from the URL, which can be found right after “lists/edit/”.For example, with the URL https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/mycontacts/lists/edit/26717/?token=2584f4ab01b18adbe818ea76dfb2374b you would copy and paste or type the number 26717 in the Newsletter list ID field on your admin page at OptiMonk.
That's it! Now, anytime a visitor signs up on your OptiMonk popup, they will be automatically added to the IContact list you've selected. Now that this integration is complete.