The Campaign Monitor integration with OptiMonk allows you to have subscribers added to your Campaign Monitor mailing list when they fill out an OptiMonk popup form. It may come handy if you run marketing campaigns on a regular basis, so that the subscribers who signed up via OptiMonk will also get news about your upcoming promotions and news.
- Click on Account Settings in the top menu bar, then click on the API keys button on the right column menu.
- Click on the Show API key, right-click and copy the value.
Then, paste the API key in the API key field in your campaign settings on OptiMonk. After you paste the API key in the field on OptiMonk, click on the Test Connection button next to the field.
- After a successful test, find the appropriate client in the Client's name drop down menu.
- Choose the appropriate list you would like to add the subscribers to from List name drop down menu
- On the Campaign Monitor site, choose the Lists & Subscribers tab, then select the list you are adding the OptiMonk subscribers to.
- Click on Custom fields on the right column menu.
- Click on Add custom field and add a new custom field with the value: OptiMonk.
Check that the Data Type is Text
Then, in your campaign settings on OptiMonk, click on Refresh next to the Source Field name drop down menu. After you click Refresh, choose the appropriate name from the drop down menu.