Using OptiMonk with Active Campaign is a great way to leverage beautiful email campaigns to engage the subscribers you receive using OptiMonk
- Sign in to your account at Active Campaign and click on your account name in the top-right corner and choose ‘My Settings’ from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click on the ‘API’ tab.
- Copy the ‘API URL’ and paste it into the API URL field in your admin page at OptiMonk. Then, copy the ‘API Key’ and paste it into the API key field in your admin page at OptiMonk.
To add the subscribers you receive from OptiMonk to a specific list at Active Campaign:
- Click on ‘Lists’ at the top of the page.
- Click on the number in brackets located next to the name of the chosen list. This will take you to the status page for the list.
- In your web browser address bar, copy the number located after ‘listid=’ in the URL and paste it in the List ID field in your admin page at OptiMonk.
To activate double opt-in, so your subscribers will receive a confirmation email and are only added to your list when they click on the link in the email, follow these steps:
- Click on ‘Lists’ on the top of the page at Active Campaign. Then click on the ‘Integrations’ menu under the name the list you will use with OptiMonk, and then click on ‘Forms’.
- Click on ‘Edit this form’.
- Choose ‘Opt-in confirmation email’.
- Make sure the check box next to ‘Send confirmation email to verify…’ is checked.
- In your web browser address bar, copy everything after ‘id=’ in the URL, this is the Form ID. Back on your admin page at OptiMonk, paste the value into the Form ID field.
To mark the subscribers you receive from OptiMonk so they can be identified in a list with multiple sources, follow these steps:
- Click on ‘Lists’ at the top of the page and then click on the ‘Fields’ button below the name of the list you’d like to add the subscribers to.
- Click on ‘Add a New Custom Field’.
- Add a ‘Text’-type field, in which you’d like to store the ‘OptiMonk’ value.
- Hover your mouse over the ‘Options’ button next to the name of the custom field you created, but do NOT click on it. A link will appear on the bottom-left corner of your browser window. Copy the number after ‘listd=’ but make sure that you DON’T copy the ‘#’. Back on your admin page at OptiMonk, paste or enter this value in the ‘Source field ID’ field. Click on ‘Ok’ to save your settings.