The ONTRAPORT integration with OptiMonk allows you to have subscribers added to your ONTRAPORT contact list when they fill out an OptiMonk popup form. It may come handy if you run marketing campaigns on a regular basis, so that the subscribers who signed up via OptiMonk will also get news about your upcoming promotions and news.
To set up integration with ONTRAPORT please follow these steps:
1. Go to the Campaign, scroll towards the Integrations and select Ontraport from the list.
4. Now you have to retrieve the App ID and Api Key from ONTRAPORT. Log in to your ONTRAPORT account. In the top right corner of the page, click on your account name to reveal the drop-down menu, and choose Administration.
5. On the Administration page, under the INTEGRATIONS section, select ONTRAPORT API INSTRUCTIONS AND KEY MANAGER.
6. If you don’t have an API Key yet, you have to create one. Click on the New API Key button. If you already have an API Key that is permitted to add contacts, you can skip to Step 8.
7. Select a User as the owner of this API Key, and enable the actions you wish to perform with this API Key. Make sure „Add Contacts” is checked. Create a name for the key and click Save.
8. On the API Keys page, copy the APP ID and API KEY of the entry you wish to use, and paste them in the corresponding fields on the OptiMonk admin dashboard.
9. Once you are done, click on Test Connection to check the settings are working. If the connection is successfully established, the Tag Name drop-down and a Disconnect link will appear. If you would like to change the API Key data, click on disconnect to sever the connection.
10. Optionally, you can select a tag to assign to each of the subscribers for this campaign. If you don’t have any tags, you can create them on the ONTRAPORT interface. Go back to your ONTRAPORT account, and select Settings from the Contacts section of the menu on the left side of the screen. Click on Manage Tags.
11. Here you can see all your current tags. If you don’t have any, create one with the New Tag button above.
12. Once done, go back to the OptiMonk interface, and click on the Refresh buttons to reveal the available tags. Choose one from the list, and save your campaign.
That's it! Now, anytime a visitor signs up on your OptiMonk popup, they will be automatically added to the ONTRAPORT contact list, with the tag you have selected.