To install the Shopify App, please follow these steps:
- Login to your Shopify store as an administrator. Choose ’Apps’ from the left column menu and click on the ’Visit Shopify App Store’ button in the top right corner.
- Use the search field in the right side of the menu bar to search for the word: OptiMonk
- Select the OptiMonk App and click on the ’Get’ button.
- Click on the ’Install app’ button to install OptiMonk on your Shopify site.
- Once the app is installed, open a new browser window and login to your admin dashboard on the OptiMonk site. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Shopify tab below ‘Start using OptiMonk on your website’. Copy the code that is displayed. Please note: your code is unique, you cannot type the code you see in the screenshot below, you must copy and paste the code from your OptiMonk dashboard.
- Return to the browser window with your Shopify site, choose ’Apps’ in the left column menu, then click on ’Installed’. You should now see that OptiMonk in your list of installed apps.
- To complete the process, you will need to paste the code you copied from your OptiMonk dashboard into the Google Analytics portion of your Shopify site. This step ensures the OptiMonk code is inserted on every page and is necessary to ensure OptiMonk is running on your Shopify site.
In your Shopify store, choose ‘Settings’ in the left column menu, then click on ‘Online Store’. (Please note, some Shopify stores have a different admin and you will need to click on ‘Sales channels’, then ‘Online Store’.)
Scroll down to the ‘Google Analytics’ section and paste your code from OptiMonk. If you have existing code, create a new line and paste your OptiMonk code at the end, being careful not to overwrite any of the code you already have in place.