The Maileon integration with OptiMonk allows you to have subscribers added to your Maileon contact list when they fill out an OptiMonk popup form. It may come handy if you run marketing campaigns on a regular basis, so that the subscribers who signed up via OptiMonk will also get news about your upcoming promotions and news.
To set up integration with Maileon please follow these steps:
- Go to the Campaigns -> Click on the Campaigns and scroll towards the Integrations. Select Maileon from the list.
- Now you have to retrieve your API key to establish a connection to Maileon. Log in to your Maileon account, go to SETTING -> API KEYS. If you already have an API key, copy it into the corresponding input on the OptiMonk interface, and press the Test button. If you don’t have an API key yet, click on the „Generate new API key” button to generate one. Choose any name you like, and make sure you set the status to Active, and grant permission to create and update contacts.
- When the connection is established, other options will appear on the OptiMonk interface. You can turn choose to turn Double Opt-In on or off. To set up the Double Opt-In process, go to your Maileon account -> Settings -> Dispatches: Double Opt-In.
- You can segment your mailing list based on lead source. To do so, you have to create a custom contact field in Maileon to store the source. If you have any custom contact fields, they will appear in the „Source field name” drop-down list in OptiMonk. If the list is empty, you have to go to the Maileon interface, and add a new field. Go to LISTS & CONTACTS -> CONTACT FIELDS, and click on the green plus sign in the upper right corner of the list. Choose a name for the new field, set the Field type to Text, and click on “create new contact field” to save it. Now you can go back to the OptiMonk interface and click on the Refresh button. The newly created field will appear in the list.
- Select a field name from the drop-down list for the Source, and enter the text that will be transmitted to this field in the input below. This can be any text, for example, you can use "OptiMonk" as the value to show which subscribers are from OptiMonk, or to segment even further, for example "OptiMonk Winter Campaign", showing which subscribers are from which campaign.
- Finally, you have to save your campaign to store changes.
That's it! Now, anytime a visitor signs up on your OptiMonk popup, they will be automatically added to your Maileon contact list, with the custom field you specified.