Creating a new goal is very simple in Google Analytics. You can find the steps on how to do so below.
Navigate to your goals:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click ADMIN, and navigate to the desired VIEW.
- In the VIEW column, then click Goals.
- Click + NEW GOAL or Import from Gallery to create a new goal, or click an existing goal to edit its configuration.
Navigate to Custom goals, then set up the goal with the following settings:
- Category: A category is a name that you supply as a way to group objects that you want to analyze. Typically, you will use the same category name multiple times over related UI elements that you want to group under a given category.
- Action: Typically, you will use the action parameter to name the type of event or interaction you want to measure for a particular web object. For example: filled, seen, closed
- Label: With labels, you can provide additional information for events that you want to analyze
- Value: The value component is an integer, and is used to assign a numerical value to a page object.
That's it! :) If you have any further questions or need any help, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you :)