OptiMonk gives you an opportunity to show coupon codes on your On-site Messages, providing your visitors with discounts when checking out with your products. You have the possibility to use one, fixed coupon code, or use multiple unique ones.
In this article:
- Prepare your store
- Setting up the coupon codes in OptiMonk
- How to set up multiple, unique coupon codes?
- Additional features for Shopify users
Prepare your store
1) First, you will need to make sure that your coupon code(s) is/are created and set up correctly in your store as well. All platforms have different ways of setting this up; however, let us help you by providing their own guides of the most commonly used platforms:
2) Once you were able to set up the coupon code(s) in your store, let’s make sure your visitors will see the same one(s) on your OptiMonk On-site Messages.
Setting up the coupon codes in OptiMonk
1) Log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/login/en
2) OptiMonk has a lot of ready-to-use templates that you can choose from. If you want to check out the available templates, select New campaign after logging in:
3) If you want to use a coupon code on your template, select the Stop cart abandonment for your goal:
Most of these templates have a Coupon Code Element that you can start using right away.
Note: if you are using a Shopify website, you will have access to additional features like Auto redeem and Automatically generated coupon codes. We will discuss these features in detail below.
Most of the templates have the Coupon Code Element on the Thank You page that you can select at the bottom of the page:
If you click on the Coupon Code, you will have further options to customize it on the right:
How to set up multiple, unique coupon codes?
OptiMonk allows you to provide unique coupon codes to your visitors. This will guarantee that one visitor gets one coupon code only once at a time.
To use it, select Unique under General / Discount type in the Coupon Code Element settings:
The next step is to upload your coupon codes. To do so, click on Upload & edit coupons:
You can put them down manually, divided by comma, or upload a .txt or .csv file with the generated coupons:
Once you are done, click Add.
Once the coupon codes are uploaded, you can track how many of them have been seen by the visitors earlier and how many of them are left:
Finally, you can decide on what should happen next when the visitors have already seen all of the coupon codes:
- Stop campaign: The campaign will no longer be displayed
- Show text: You can leave a message to your visitors that the coupon code is no longer available (for example, if you run a limited promotion).
Once you are done with the settings, the last step is to save your work by clicking on Next then Save & Next (if you are setting up a new Campaign) or Save & Exit (if you are editing an existing Campaign) in the top right corner:
Additional features for Shopify users
If you have a Shopify website, you will have access to additional features for Coupon Codes. If you are interested in the additional features available for Shopify users, please check our article: Coupon Codes in OptiMonk - Additional features for Shopify users
That's it :) If you have any further questions or need any additional help, just let us know at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist you!