OptiMonk gives you an opportunity to show coupon codes on your On-site Messages, providing your visitors with discounts when checking out with your products. You have the possibility to use one, fix coupon code, or use multiple, unique ones.
How to set this up?
1) First, you will need to make sure that your coupon code(s) is/are created and set up correctly in your store as well. All platforms have different ways of setting this up; however, let us help you by providing their own guides of the most commonly used platforms:
2) Once you were able to set up the coupon code(s) in your store, let’s make sure your visitors will see the same one(s) on your OptiMonk On-site Messages.
Setting up the coupon codes in OptiMonk
1) Log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/login/en
2) OptiMonk has a lot of ready to use templates that you can choose from. If you want to check out the available templates, select New campaign after logging in:
3) If you want to use a coupon code on your template, select the Stop cart abandonment for your goal:
Most of these templates have a Coupon Code Element that you can start using right away.
Note: if your website has a Shopify domain, you will have access to an additional feature called "Auto redeem." We will discuss this in detail below.
Most of the templates have the Coupon Code Element on the Thank You page:
If you click on the Coupon Code, you will have further options to customize it on the left:
If you use a Shopify domain, you will see an Auto redeem option. If you enable this, the coupon code will be redeemed automatically for your visitors during checkout. This way, you can make sure they will not forget to redeem their coupon.
You can use a fix or a unique coupon code:
You will see additional options under Style and Advanced menus to customize your Coupon Code Element design.
How to set up multiple, unique coupon codes?
OptiMonk allows you to provide unique coupon codes to your visitors. This will guarantee that one visitor gets one coupon code only once at a time.
To use it, select Unique under General/Type in the Coupon Code Element settings:
The next step is to upload your coupon codes. To do so, click on Upload & edit coupons:
You can put them down manually, divided by comma, or upload a .txt or .csv file with the generated coupons:
Once you are done, click Add.
Once the coupon codes are uploaded, you can track how many of them have been seen by the visitors earlier and how many of them are left:
Finally, you can decide on what should happen next when the visitors have already seen all of the coupon codes:
- Stop campaign: The campaign will no longer be displayed
- Show text: You can leave a message to your visitors that the coupon code is no longer available (for example, if you run a limited promotion). You can set this up here
Once you are done with the settings, the last step is to save your work by clicking on Save & Exit in the top right corner:
That's it :) If you have any further questions or need any additional help, just let us know at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist you!