OptiMonk supports many types of form fields so you can easily request your visitors to provide any information that is needed for your marketing automation flow.
To make it easier, OptiMonk offers a huge range of ready templates which include inputs for your visitors to fill in. You can find those templates in the following Goals:
- Grow list
- Get feedback
- Guide your visitors
You can find the templates by logging in to your account at https://app.optimonk.com/login/en, then select New campaign on the right-hand side:
You will be able to filter the templates based on your goals:
With the easy-to-use Drag and Drop editor, you can also make significant changes to the default inputs, add your own fields that match the desired marketing goals.
All the input field types are available on the main dashboard of the popup editor here:
All you need to do is to select the right one, drag, then drop it to the right place on your on-site widget.
The available form fields are the following:
1. Input Element: By adding an Input element to your on-site widget you can select any type of field type that you would like your visitors to fill in.
Once you drop it to your on-site widget, you will have a chance to select the type of the input or even update an existing one. For example, if you prefer to change the Last Name to any other custom input field type, you can do that by clicking on the added field, then proceeding to the Create New option:
You can find the list of the pre-defined fields below:
- E-mail: This input type is used for e-mail marketing campaign purposes. Please, note that the only way to connect your OptiMonk campaign to an e-mail marketing automation system is if the e-mail input field is present on the popup and is mandatory.
- First name/Last name: You can request your visitors to provide their first name and last name. However, it is recommended that the last name is not used unless it is required for specific marketing goals. The less data you ask, the higher chances of conversion your campaign will have.
- Phone number: This type of field allows you to collect phone numbers from your visitors. It includes country codes as well, you can easily select the right country so that the format of the phone number remains correct.
- Date: This type of input field may be useful if you plan to surprise your subscribers on their birthdays so that you can ask them to provide the right date. As per the settings, you can even determine the format of the date.
- URL: Your visitors could also share with you an URL link, for example, to their websites. This could be useful if you own a digital marketing agency and would like to gather the date of potential customers.
2. Textarea Element: Text area is typically used when asking a question from your visitors, for example, if you’d like to learn more about their experience regarding your webstore. You can edit the Display settings separately for mobile and desktop devices:
You can also hide the element on certain devices:
If you decide to hide an element, it will be represented on the Layout page as well:
3. Radio Element: The Radio Element allows you to ask feedbacks from your visitors by providing them options to select from to answer your question with Radio buttons.
You can customize the questions you want to ask:
You can also customize the design separately for mobile and desktop devices:
Click on the icon to change between Mobile and Desktop settings:
4. Dropdown Element: A dropdown field asks users to select from the values provided by you here:
You can customize the display settings differently for mobile and desktop devices:
You can customize the design separately for mobile and desktop here as well:
6. Feedback Element: Optimonk’s Feedback element helps you gain valuable customer insights on any part of your website. Quickly design 5 stars, 3-option emoji, or Yes-No feedback elements and let your visitors leave their opinions in a blink of an eye.
For the Feedback element, you can choose between 3 types:
The icons are also fully customizable – as almost everything in your OptiMonk account. You can change the icon size, the spacing, and the color as well.
It’s important to note that these icons generally act as buttons. They can be set to “Close”, “Next page” or “Jump to page” as usual.
- Close: This option will close the popup on button click.
- Next page: The Next page option will navigate the visitor to the next page of the popup.
- Jump to page: The Jump to page option will navigate to a specific page of the popup.
“Jump to page” can also be set by rating to ask additional questions based on the rating of your visitor.
As a common example, you can provide an immediate coupon code or can simply thank your visitor if they gave you good feedback, or you can ask extra questions if they gave you a neutral or a bad one to better understand their concerns.
7. Survey Element: This is a great tool that you can use if you want to guide your visitors because the survey options act as buttons: you can set On Click action for each option.
If you click on the element, you will see the available settings on the left:
You can add new options and set the On Click action under the General tab. You can set the following On Click actions:
- Next page - this action will guide your visitors to the next page of the popup
- Custom step - this action will guide your visitors to a specific page of the popup
- Redirect - with this action, you can redirect your visitors to any URL
- Close - this action will close the popup for the visitor
You can set the Custom step and the Redirect actions differently for each button - this allows you to customize the visitor experience by guiding your visitors depending on their answer.
Where can I find the data filled in via the on-site widget?
When your website visitors subscribe via your on-site message, you can store the data in two different ways:
OptiMonk will store it for you automatically and you can have an insight at the data under the ‘Leads’ menu of your account:
The data from here can be easily exported in order to be used for your marketing purposes, by clicking Export on the right-hand side:
While OptiMonk will also store the subscribers’ data for you, it is recommended that you connect your campaigns with a 3rd party e-mail marketing automation system. You can find the list of systems you can pick from here: https://www.optimonk.com/integrations
That’s it. Asking for feedback from your visitors has never been easier!