You can track the performance of the different Variants of your Campaigns in terms of profit with the help of Google Analytics. There are 2 ways to compare the results:
- Create & compare segments: This allows you to dive into details
- Create a dashboard: This allows you to monitor the results easier through a longer period
Create & compare segments
1. First, log in to your Google Analytics account, select Behavior on the left, and go to Events / Overview:
Click on OptiMonk.
2. Select Event Label:
3. Pick which A/B test results you want to compare:
As you can see the labels are [campaign name] + [variant name]. Choose the Variants you want to compare. In this example, we will compare the 2 variants of 5. Product - Mobile (non-USA) campaign:
4. Click on Add Segment, then click on New Segment:
5. Create a segment by following the steps below:
- Add a name, which should be the Event Label's name
- Choose Conditions
- Choose Event Label as a filter
- Choose the label you want to segment by
Then repeat it for the other variant.
6. Now you can see both reports with the 2 new Segments under Conversions/Ecommerce/Overview:
2. Create a dashboard
1. Go to Dashboards under Customization, then click on Create:
2. Choose Blank, then give it a name:
3. Add a widget like the one below, one widget for each variant:
4. The result will look like this:
That's it! :) Now you can track the monetary performance of your Campaign Variants in Google Analytics.
If you need any further help or have any questions, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be more than happy to assist you :)