In some cases, we would like to measure and see the additional revenue we can achieve with the help of the OptiMonk Campaigns. We can measure this with the help of an A/B test, where one Campaign Variant is the Campaign itself, while the other Variant will represent those visitors that do not see any of our Campaigns.
We will be able to track the results in Google Analytics:
Here you can see even more detail:
We will need a benchmark for the measurement, where we can see how much our visitors spend when they do not see any OptiMonk Campaigns. We will need two OptiMonk Campaign Variants for this measurement: one of the Variants will work as a usual Campaign, which will show up to half of our visitors (as we are running an A/B test with 2 Variants). The other Campaign Variant will not show up at all, this will be the benchmark.
Thanks to the two Variants, we will be able to use Google Analytics to compare the spending of our visitors who had seen our OptiMonk Campaign and the visitors who did not see any of our OptiMonk Campaigns. With these measurements, we will be able to tell without any doubts if our Campaign is profitable.
Please follow the below steps to set it up:
1) First, log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/login/en
2) Select Campaigns on the left, then select the Campaign you wish to use for the A/B test:
3) You will need to create at least two versions of your campaign. To add a new variant, click on Add new variant:
4) Make sure both Variants are active by clicking on the red Inactive toggle, then select one of the Variants by clicking on it's name. This Variant will not show up to your visitors:
$('#om-holder-campaign-' + campaign.getId()).hide();
Select the Code on the right:
6) Select JS editor, and select Popup shown for JS event, then insert the code:
Click Save at the bottom then Save & Exit at the top to finalize the changes.
7) You can track now the monetary performance of your Campaigns in Google Analytics, with the help of this guide: A/B test performance report in Google Analytics
That's it! If you have any further questions or need any help, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you :)