Embedded Content is a new type of message in OptiMonk that you can use to engage your visitors. The Embedded Content allows you to personalize more than just a popup: it allows you to personalize a part of your website.
Here you can see how it looks like on a website:
Of course, you can personalize the content and the design to your liking.
How to set it up?
1) Log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/login/en
2) Once logged in, click on New campaign on the right:
3) Select Embedded content under Message type:
4) Select the template you wish to use by clicking on Select:
5) Click on Create campaign on the next page:
6) Select the domain from the drop-down menu you wish to use for the Campaign, then click Next:
The Campaign editor will look familiar to other Campaign types:
All of the Campaign Elements are available for the Embedded content as well under Add Element. If you want to add a new Element, just Drag & Drop it on the Campaign:
You can check the structure of the Campaign under Layout:
You can change the view on the right. This is only to help you with the editing. Changing the view will not affect the looks of your Campaign:
The Embedded content Campaign can be placed anywhere on your website. You will have the option to specify the position of your Campaign later on. The size of the Campaign is dynamic. This means the size will be determined by the position you choose for the Campaign.
This is also why you will not see a preview of your website in the Campaign Editor when you are editing an Embedded content Campaign.
7) Once you are happy with the design, select Next in the top right corner:
8) You will have the option to edit the Thank You page as well. Click on Next in the top right corner when you are finished with the design:
You will have the option to specify placement for your Campaign in the last step. You can also set up segmentation rules for the Campaign:
As the Embedded content will appear as a part of your website, you will not be able to set up trigger rules, such as Exit-intent. Your Embedded content Campaign will appear automatically when your webpage loads to ensure the best possible user experience.
Instead of trigger rules, you will see the option to select the placement of your Campaign.
9) You have two options to specify the placement: By clicking on Place content or by clicking on manually, place the embed code.
9/1) If you click on Place content, your website will open on a new page, where you will have the option to select the position of the Campaign:
9/2) If you click on manually place the embed code, then you will see your Campaign's unique HTML code:
If you want to place the embed code manually, you need to copy the code and insert it in the source code of your website:
The Embedded content Campaign's place and size will depend on the placement you choose for the code.
In this example, you can see that I have placed the code at the beginning of the</body> tag, so it looks like this on my website:
The red section is the header, and the blue section is the body.
10) You can add a new condition to segment your visitors:
For the best possible user experience, we have made the following conditions available for the Embedded content Campaign:
11) Once you are done with the settings, click on Next in the top right corner to finalize the changes:
That's it! If you have any questions or need any help, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be happy to assist you :)