Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms available. You can easily integrate OptiMonk with your Shopify store following this guide. You can also forward the subscriber's data from OptiMonk to your Shopify admin with the below steps:
- Select Campaigns on the left, then select the Campaign that you want to use to forward the subscribers' data to your Shopify admin:
- Click on Edit settings on the right:
- Click on Add new integration under Add integration:
- Select Shopify from the list:
- If you use multiple Shopify domains with OptiMonk, you will be able to select where you want to forward the subscribers' data in a dropdown menu:
Set a name for the integration setting then click Done.
- On the next screen, you will be able to associate the input fields of your Campaign with the data in Shopify. You can also create customer tags that you can use to distinguish the customers forwarded from your OptiMonk Campaigns:
Please note that this integration only supports Firstname, Lastname, Email, and Phone fields.
In case you see this message, please check that OptiMonk is installed correctly on your website:
- When you are finished, click Done then Next in the top right corner to save the settings:
Well done :) Now the data from this Campaign will be forwarded to your Shopify admin page. You will be able to check the subscribers on the Leads page in your OptiMonk account:
You can also find the forwarded data in the Customers page of your Shopify admin:
You will be able to filter your Customers in your Shopify admin based on their tags:
You will also see the tags on the Customer page in Shopify:
One last thing:
If you see this message in your OptiMonk account, it means that not all subscribers were forwarded to Shopify:
If you click on the error message, you will see the affected subscribers:
As you can see on this page the sync status is Failure. This means that the data of these subscribers were not forwarded to Shopify. This can happen for a number of reasons, but the most common reason is that the subscriber provided an invalid/fake email address. In case we detect an invalid or fake email address, OptiMonk will not forward the affected subscriber's data.
To get rid of the error message, select the affected Leads and delete them:
That's it! :) If you have any further questions or need any help, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be happy to assist you :)