The faster your users redeem their discount codes, the higher the chance that they purchase in your store. OptiMonk allows you to show discount codes on your popups, providing your visitors with discounts when checking out with your products. The discount code reminder allows you to remind your visitors to redeem their discount code: once the visitor has an active discount code they haven’t redeemed yet, the discount code reminder campaign will appear automatically on the next page view.
The discount code reminder campaign will always show the last discount code that was shown to your visitor, so you'll need only one Discount code reminder campaign.
The reminder campaign ends if the visitor:
- deliberately closes the reminder campaign
- redeems the discount code and make an order (Shopify only)
- or the campaign expiration date ends (Limit time period is enabled, and the time runs out)
If you would like to find out more about how to set up a Discount code in your OptiMonk Campaign, please check our article: How to Use Coupon Codes in OptiMonk Campaigns
Important: the discount code reminder doesn't work with gamification templates
There are 2 ways to set up a discount code reminder campaign.
1. Discount code reminder campaign creation after a newly created campaign
- Select the campaign you want to create a reminder campaign for.
- Click on Add a reminder below the A/B test center.
- Choose a template.
- Add the domain of your store that the campaign should appear on.
- Edit the popup to match the style of your store if needed.
- Make sure that the discount code type is "Reminder".
- Hit Save & Next
- When you arrive at the rules and triggers, you won't have to modify anything, the campaign comes with default segmentation rules
- Now, all you have to do is to save and activate your discount code reminder campaign
2. Discount code reminder campaign creation if the "Add a reminder" is not available
1.) Log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/
2.) Basically, any campaign can become a reminder campaign
- you can choose to edit an existing campaign that already has a discount code element
- you can add the discount code element to any type of campaign
- you can create a completely new campaign
I'm going to show you how to create a completely new Discount code reminder campaign
- Click on New campaign
- Select the template that you like
- Edit the campaign's design however you like.
As you can see, this is a feedback campaign, so I made some changes to the campaign to function as a reminder campaign:
- I rewrote the text to fit my goal
- I deleted the feedback element
- I added a discount code element and selected the Reminder type and set a Time period
- I deleted the pages that I didn't need
- Once you are happy with the design, click Save & Exit
Most of our Campaigns have the On exit-intent trigger by default. For the Discount code reminder, I would recommend using the X seconds trigger and removing the On exit-intent. To remove the trigger, click the red X icon next to it. To add a new trigger, click on Add more triggers:
Select After x seconds:
If you are using a Side message or a Sticky bar Campaign, you could set it as low as you want. If you are using another design, you might want to experiment with the time you want to wait for the discount code reminder to show up after each page load. Click on Save to continue:
Remove the Frequency segmentation.
Most of our Campaigns have Frequency segmentation by default. This limits the number of times the Campaign will appear for them. If you want to keep reminding your visitors to use the discount code, I would recommend removing this setting, so the reminder keeps showing up for them while they browse your website. To remove this setting, click on the Select who should see the popup, and click on the red X icon next to Frequency:
Click on Add new condition:
Add the Engaged with OptiMonk campaigns rule:
Use the following settings:
This setting allows you to make sure the visitors will not see the reminder again if they deliberately close the reminder Campaign. Click Save to continue.
Click on Next in the top right corner to finalize the changes:
That's it! Now when a visitor receives a discount code, the follow-up campaign will appear automatically on the next page view.
If you have any further questions or need additional help, just let us know at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist you :)