Sendinblue is an email & SMS automation software popular for its segmentation capabilities. You can easily integrate your Sendinblue account with OptiMonk, this way OptiMonk can help you grow your Sendinblue subscriber list.
In this article, we’ll show you
- how to set up a Sendinblue integration with OptiMonk,
- how to use double opt in with OptiMonk campaigns.
How to set up a Sendinblue integration with OptiMonk
Once you have installed OptiMonk, please follow the below steps to link it with your Sendinblue account:
Log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/
Select Campaigns on the left, then select the Campaign you would like to set up with Sendinblue (choose a Campaign where you are collecting email or phone numbers):
- Select Edit settings in the bottom right corner:
- Select Add new integration under Where would you like to send the subscribers and campaign data? :
- If you're setting up the Sendinblue integration for the first time, hit on or add a new one.
- Select Sendinblue from the list of available integrations:
- You will be able to give a name to the integration on the next screen, and you also need to copy the API Key from your Sendinblue account:
- To find the API key in your Sendinblue account, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Sendinblue account
- Click on your account’s name, then select SMTP & API
- If you’ve never created an API key before, you’ll have to create your first one by clicking on the text. If you’ve created one before, click on the Create a new API key button.
- You’ll be asked to name your API key:
- Then copy the generated key and paste it into OptiMonk’s integration wizard.
- Now, navigate back to OptiMonk's integration wizard where you’ll be asked to name the integration, as well.
- Next, you can select the list in your Sendinblue account that subscribers should be sent to from your OptiMonk campaign.
- Last, you will be able to associate the input fields of your OptiMonk Campaign with the fields in your Sendinblue list.
Select the appropriate Field identifier from your Sendinblue account for the data you want to forward from OptiMonk to Sendinblue. For example, use "EMAIL" as the field identifier for email addresses, as you can see above.
You can also specify any additional data that should be sent to your Sendinblue account. You can add new tags and name them whatever you prefer.
Once you have filled in the required fields, you can click on Done.
That's it! :) Your Sendinblue integration should be up and running for this campaign.
How to use double opt in with OptiMonk campaigns
Sendinblue provides you two options to handle double opt-in subscriptions:
- create custom subscription forms within the app with double opt-in,
- set up automations for double opt-in email confirmation.
Since in this case, forms are created in OptiMonk, you’ll have to trigger a marketing automation to create a double opt-in subscription. Sendinblue has a great video on how to create double opt-in automation:
Or you can learn more about them here.
If you have any further questions or require additional help, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you :)