Segment your audience based on auto-collected visitor data and take your targeting to the next level
In this article, you'll learn about:
- What Other Visitor Attributes rule is
- Why you should start using Other Visitor Attributes right away
- How to set up the Other Visitor Attributes rule
- How to set up my OptiMonk campaigns to use custom variables?
1. What is the Other Visitor Attributes rule?
Your visitors leave long traces of valuable behavioral data anywhere they go online: which ad led them to your page, what browser in what language they’re using, and which landing page they first opened. Visitor Attribute Targeting allows you to tap into this readily-available data in targeting to deliver relevant, personalized messages.
What visitor attributes are now readily available for targeting in OptiMonk?
- UTM campaign
- UTM medium
- UTM source
- OS type
- Browser type
- Browser language
- First landing
- Current month
- First visit date
- Campaign last seen
2. Why you should start using Other Visitor Attributes right away?
Other Visitor Attributes are much more than just a collection of browsing habits – it provides a wealth of insights into your audience's needs and preferences. By leveraging Visitor Attribute Targeting, you can craft your messaging to appeal to the specific interests and habits of each visitor, making them feel more valued and likely to engage with your brand. In addition, this approach can help you identify new opportunities for growth, as you gain a deeper understanding of your audience's behavior and preferences.
👇 Here are just a few examples of how you can start using Other Visitor Attributes right away:
1️⃣ Provide the option to switch to a different language based on the user's browser language
2️⃣ Reflect the original ad copy in targeting using UTM targeting
3. How to set up the Other Visitor Attributes rule?
1. Log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/login/en
2. Select Campaigns on the left.
3. Select the Campaign you want to use Other Visitor Attributes with.
4. Click Edit settings on the right.
5. Click on Add new rule under the Select who should see the popup section.
6. Scroll down to Other Visitor Attributes and click on the Add sign next to it.
7. Select any visitor attribute for segmentation from our dropdown.
8. Once you are ready, click on Save and Next in the top right corner to save your settings.
4. How to set up OptiMonk campaigns to use custom attributes?
Custom attributes give you the ability to present highly-tuned messages to specific audience segments based on any additional information about the visitors. For instance, an eCommerce site can use previous orders or items viewed as custom attributes. These custom attributes trigger specific messages related to those orders and items. This is an excellent way to encourage repeat business or generate buzz for a new product offering.
ℹ️ For more information on how to set up OptiMonk campaigns to use custom attributes, please check out this article.
✉️ If you need any further help or have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be happy to assist you :)