What is the Teaser, and what is it good for?
The Teaser is a complementary page for your campaign, which helps grab visitors’ attention before or after seeing your popup. If the teaser appears before the popup, it has a recommending and teasing function. If you choose the teaser to appear after the popup is closed, it serves as a reminder for your campaign.
Please follow these steps to edit the Teaser of your Campaign:
1. First, log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/login/en
2. Select the Campaigns menu on the left, then select the Campaign you want to edit or click New campaign on the right-hand side:
3. Select the Variant you want to edit:
4. You will arrive in the Campaign Editor. Select the Teaser page at the bottom to edit it:
1) Page settings
Once you select the Teaser page, you will see the available page settings on the left. There are 4 main settings menu for the Teaser page: Display, Elements, Layers and Dev mode:
1a) Display: Under the Display menu, you can choose a Theme colour and the teaser position:
You can add new Elements to your Teaser page under the Elements menu:
There are currently 3 Elements that you can use for the Teaser page: Text, Image, and Floating image.
Here you can see the design layout of your Campaign, and you can also see every Element that is on the Teaser page:
If you click on an Element, you can edit it further:
The available settings for the Element will show up on the left as usual:
1d) Dev mode:
2) Teaser-specific settings
You can access the settings of the Teaser page under Layers:
The Teaser has 3 settings menus, that will show up on the right: General, Style, and Advanced:
Under the General menu, you can decide when to show the teaser: before the popup is displayed, when the popup is closed, or you can choose to enable both options. You can also modify how many seconds should pass before the teaser appears and you can also specify if you want the teaser to appear on only Desktop, only Mobile or both devices:
When is it going to show up?
- If you enable the option ,,Before the popup is displayed", the teaser will show up 6 seconds after your webpage finished loading by default, but you can customize the time. If the visitor continues to explore your website and visit different pages, the teaser will continue to show up on your website for that visitor 1,5 seconds after each page finishes loading, based on the segmentation rules you have set for your Campaign.
- If you enable the option ,,After the popup is closed", the teaser will shop up 2 seconds after you close the popup by default, but you can change the time. If the visitor continues to explore your website and visit different pages, the teaser will continue to show up on your website for that visitor almost instantly after each page finishes loading, based on the segmentation rules you have set for your Campaign.
2b) Style: Here, you can set up the width, minimum height, background, the border, and the shadow options, or you can add some animations:
To set up an animation for the Teaser, look for the “Animations” menu, where you will find the “Attention seeker” drop-down:
You can even set up the attention seeker frequency.
Changing the background and the text
You can also change the background of the Teaser under the Style tab. If you click on the icon next to Fill, you will have the following options:
If you select an image as a background, you will see additional options:
You can also edit the text of the teaser by clicking on the text:
You can change the font style, font type, color, size, line height, and alignment.
As the text is on a Text Element, you will see additional settings on the right when you click on the text:
2c) Advanced: Under the Advanced menu of the Teaser settings, you can find the Spacing settings: Padding and Margin:
If you need any further help or have any questions, just let us know at email@example.com, and we would be happy to help :)