Magento is a great tool to build a website. OptiMonk has direct integration with Magento, so you can use the OptiMonk application (available in the Magento Marketplace) to integrate the two systems. Installing an application on Magento takes a couple of steps. You can find a detailed guide to help you down below:
- First, log in to your Magento Marketplace account at https://marketplace.magento.com/. Click on your name in the top right corner, then click on My Profile:
- Click on Marketplace then Access Keys under My Products:
- Select your Magento version, then click on Create A New Access Key:
Give a name to your access key then click OK:
- This will create a Public and a Private Key. We will need these Keys for our Magento Admin page:
Open the Magento Admin page in a new browser window, and click on System, then Web Setup Wizard:
Also take a note of your Magento version, as you will need this information later:
- Select Component Manager on the next page:
- Select Sign in to sync your Magento Marketplace purchases:
- You will need the previously created Public and Private keys from the Magento Marketplace. Copy them, then click Sign in:
- Go back to Magento Marketplace, click on the Search bar at the top, and search for OptiMonk:
- You will see different versions of the application available depending on the version of your Magento. Select the correct version of the OptiMonk application, then click on Add to Cart:
- Complete the checkout steps. The OptiMonk application is free in the Magento Marketplace.
- Go back to your Magento Admin page / Component Manager, and click on Sync:
Click on Install under New Purchases:
Select the OptiMonk application from the list, then click Install.
- Click on Start readiness check:
- Once it is finished, click on Next:
In the next step, you will be able to create a backup. Click Next once you have selected the options you want to use.
- Click on Install to finish the setup:
- Log in to your OptiMonk account in a new browser window at https://app.optimonk.com/login/en. Select the Insert Code icon on the left, then select Magento.
Copy your OptiMonk ID and paste it in the Magento Admin page to finish the setup.