Product Recommendations is a new feature in OptiMonk that can help you show personalized product offers based on customers' browsing history. You can get increase conversion, engagement, and cart value at the same time while reducing cart abandonment.
OptiMonk tracks which products your visitors recently viewed, and recommends these products again, so they can continue the purchase where they left off.
This new feature is available in our Product Element. To start using Product Recommendations, please follow these steps to set it up in the Campaign Editor:
1) First, log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/login/en
2) Select New campaign in your OptiMonk dashboard:
3) Select the Increase sales goal on the left to see the ready to use templates with Product Element:
You can fully customize the design in the next steps, or create your own.
4) You will see a preview of the Campaign template. Click on Create campaign in the top right corner to continue to the Campaign Editor:
5) Select a domain from the dropdown list then click Next:
6) This is the Campaign Editor. You can start customizing your Campaign by clicking on one of the Elements. You can access the Product Recommendations feature by clicking on a Product Element, and you will see the available options on the left:
If you click on the drop-down menu under General / Mode, you will see the available options:
- Manual: with this setting, you can manually set the products you want to show to your visitors.
- Recently viewed: With this setting, you can help returning visitors to continue where they had left off. OptiMonk tracks which products your visitors recently viewed and depending on the setting we use recommends the last 1, 2, or 3 product(s).
- Most popular: This setting allows you to promote your store's most viewed products.
You also have the option to determine the number of recommended products between 1 and 3. This is available for all the modes (Manual, Recently viewed, Most popular):
It is also important to note that OptiMonk will recommend only those products that you currently have in stock based on your website. If there are not enough products that could be recommended, the popup will not be displayed.
7) To finalize the changes in the Campaign Editor, click Next in the top right corner:
You will have the option to edit the Teaser page as well. Click on Save & Next in the top right corner to save the changes:
If you have any further questions or need any help, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be happy to assist you :)