Product Recommendations is a new feature in OptiMonk that can help you show personalized product offers based on customers' browsing history. You can get an increased conversion, engagement, and cart value at the same time while reducing cart abandonment.
OptiMonk tracks which are the most popular products on your website based on the number of views in the last 14 days, and recommend these products to your visitors.
This new feature is available in our Product Element for Shoprenter and Shopify sites. To start using Product Recommendations, please follow these steps:
1) First, log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/login/en
2) Select New campaign in your OptiMonk dashboard:
3) Select the Increase sales goal on the left to see the ready to use templates with Product Element:
You can fully customize the design in the next steps or create your own.
4) You will see a preview of the Campaign template. Click on Create campaign in the top right corner to continue to the Campaign Editor:
5) Select a domain from the dropdown list, then click Next:
6) This is the Campaign Editor. You can start customizing your Campaign by clicking on one of the Elements. You can access the Product Recommendations feature by clicking on a Product Element, and you will see the available options on the right:
If you click on the drop-down menu under General / Mode, you will see the available options for Product Recommendations:
- Manual: with this setting, you can manually set the products you want to show to your visitors.
- Recently viewed: With this setting, you can help the returning visitors to continue where they had left off. OptiMonk tracks which products your visitors recently viewed and depending on the setting we use recommends the last 1, 2, or 3 product(s).
- Most popular: This setting allows you to promote your store's most viewed products based on the views of the last 14 days.
The Most popular option has additional settings:
Most popular of:
- Whole store: in this case, OptiMonk will use your entire website's browsing history to determine the most popular products.
- Given category: you can select the category you want to use, and OptiMonk will recommend the most popular products of that specific category, based on the browsing history of your website.
- Each category page: OptiMonk will recommend the most popular products of the category the visitor is browsing at that moment, based on the browsing history of your website.
If you select the Given category, you will have a new option to specify which category you want to use from your website:
If you use the Each category page setting, you will see a new condition called Current category page later on under who should see the popup. This will appear automatically, and this is just a reminder for you that this Campaign will show up on each category page displaying their respective most popular products:
You also have the option to determine the number of recommended products between 1 and 3. This is available for all the modes (Manual, Recently viewed, Most popular):
It is also important to note that OptiMonk will recommend only those products that you currently have in stock based on your website. If there are not enough products that could be recommended, the popup will not be displayed.
7) To finalize the changes in the Campaign Editor, click Save in the top right corner:
You will have the option to edit the Teaser page as well by clicking on the Teaser page at the bottom of the screen. Click on Save & Next in the top right corner to save the changes:
If you have any further questions or need any help, just let us know at email@example.com, and we would be happy to assist you :)