OptiMonk has multiple settings you can use to customize your campaign's appearance. You have various trigger options to choose from and many ways to segment your visitors for the campaign. The Spent on site rule is useful if you want to give visitors a certain amount of time to browse your website before displaying the popup. You can set the number of seconds a visitor needs to spend on your site to see your message.
Please follow the below steps to edit the Campaign appearance rules:
1. Log in to your OptiMonk account at https://app.optimonk.com/
2. Select Campaigns on the left, then select the Campaign you wish to edit:
3. Click on Edit settings on the right:
4. Click on Select who should see the popup:
5. Click on Add new condition:
6. You will see all the available segmentation options organized into three categories:
- Time & Context (colored yellow)
- Visitors (colored red)
- Pages & Custom Rules (colored green)
You will find the "Spent on site" rule under Time & Context category. You can select this rule by clicking the "add" sign next to it:
7. As you can see, this is a very simple rule, you only need to define a number, which will equal to the number of seconds the visitors need to spend on your website to see the popup:
The timer you set here starts when one of the pages of your website is fully loaded. When visitors browse your website, they will probably visit multiple URLs: different pages of your website. The timer will start when the first visited page of your website fully loaded, and it will continue to run while the visitor is browsing your website. Once the time reaches your set threshold, the "Spent on site" requirement of your campaign will be fulfilled to show the popup.
8. Once you have selected a number, click on Save and Next in the top right corner to save the changes:
You can define multiple segmentation rules for your campaigns. If you have multiple rules for a given Campaign, you can see that the logic relation between them is "AND":
This means that your popup will show up only if ALL of the segmentation rules (conditions) are met at the same time.
That's it! :) If you have further questions or need any help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be more than happy to assist you. :)